Tuesday, October 6, 2009

How do I turn reddish hair brown--"ash toner or not to ash toner"?

SEE HISTORY BELOW:-)



I basically want to grab a few red hair pieces around my bangs and turn them more neutral brown. ( It isn't gold or brassy- as I already tried a toner with blue/violet base- so now it is cool red- not warm in tone). SHould I use ash toner w/ developer?



*************



I have naturally light blonde hair- and went to the salon to get darker low lights put in for the fall/winter. Hair stylists always struggle because my hair is so light, and fine, and many times you can barely see the color or it fades with in a few weeks.



This time my stylist decided she needed to use a darker level so the color would keep and used filler colors somewhat lighter in between.



It was too drastic for me at first, so I went back after 3 days and just had her do some tricks and bring back some more blonde- .Only issue is some of the pieces were reddish copper around my face vs. brownish. After toner they are red/cool. I want it to blend in more a ligher brown. Can ash base toner help



How do I turn reddish hair brown--"ash toner or not to ash toner"?

yes an ash based toner would help however you need to apply carefully and really watch it. if the toner gets onto the blonder areas you could turn green or gray or just a muddy color..go back to your stylist and have her fix it...she should not charge you and with her already knowing what she has put into your hair would be the safes route..this would not be something i would try at home or you'll have an even bigger mess.



I wouldn't use a toner myself..toners do only that..tone. they fade out quick.. it sounds like you need a little more punch in order to get it to stay. Have her foil in a light brown color with half ash half neutral base..she will need to use 2 diff colors and mix them together. apply for 20 min. and check..she needs to rinse and dry one spot to check the color.. if not it..re apply to that section and leave another 5 minutes..keep checking diff. sections..



How do I turn reddish hair brown--"ash toner or not to ash toner"?

You could make your hair unhealthy and end up unhappy. You said your hair is naturally blonde, you went to a salon and get



darker lowlight, then when back again to lighten it up it means that your color have been remove, the you want not ash base



this could lead you to a green shade. If I were you, I will rest my hair for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment