Saturday, August 1, 2009

My hair is naturally brown, but I've gotton alot of hightlights to where it is really blonde. W

I am wanting to dye my hair brown again, perhaps even a shade darker. My hair is pretty blonde, but its not dye its just alot of highlights. I don't have the money to keep going back and getting my roots done, and I don't really want to go back to the salon to get it dyed darker, instead I was wondering if it were safe for my hair to just do it out of a box by myself. I didn't know if this would damage my hair, since they are only hightlights and not actual dye, but then i didn't want to take any chances. I didn't think that it would harm it in any way, but I'm not sure. Thanks for the help.



My hair is naturally brown, but I've gotton alot of hightlights to where it is really blonde. Want to dye back

Your highlights are actually bleach, which is more damaging than dye. You can dye your hair brown at home, but because your dying over bleach the highlighted sections will lighten up over time. If you were to go to a salon to go back to brown, they would use a filler that would keep your hair from lightening up after dye.



Another thing to keep in mind, if you have been getting highlights for some time there is a chance one of two thing will happen when you dye your hair 1. The ends will not absorb color and stay blonde. 2. Your ends could be very porous from bleaching and absorb too much color. If you do decide on at home color, I would only pull the color through to the ends for the last five or ten minutes.



Good luck!



My hair is naturally brown, but I've gotton alot of hightlights to where it is really blonde. Want to dye back

if you do it right, you should not harm your hair. the only thing is that blond highlights (since it is bleach) will tend to not take color very well. at least that is how it works with me. when i dyed my hair dark brown after i had platinum blond chunks, the brown took well, but it faded quickly from the highlighted areas.



even if you buy hair dye in a box, i would suggest you get someone else to do it for you to make sure you get good coverage. it is extremely hard to get all your hair when you are doing it yourself.



My hair is naturally brown, but I've gotton alot of hightlights to where it is really blonde. Want to dye back

I went with darker hair, I had auburn hair with gold highlights. I used Hydrience by Clairol #46 Driftwood, which is a medium ash brown. I like the results, but its been only a week. Its not too dark and not light. I like the fact that in the application process, this dye doesn't drip.



Try the Hydrience website and look at the color chart. Maybe you can decide on a brown shade.



http://www.clairol.com/brand/hydrience/b...



My hair is naturally brown, but I've gotton alot of hightlights to where it is really blonde. Want to dye back

This happened to me. It's going to be tough, and you may just want to do bottle jobs for a while. Its tough because the highlights will bleed through fairily quickly. Mine would bleed through within 7 days. Now not completely, but enough to notice. I did re-dye it every 6 weeks. I was told this would happen until the highlights were cut out. Good Luck!



My hair is naturally brown, but I've gotton alot of hightlights to where it is really blonde. Want to dye back

Be careful and definatly do a test piece on a highlited piece of hair. Brown dyes tend to either have a purple base or a green base color. When you get in the sun bleached hair will show this. I suggest doing a "lowlight". Some thing in the red family, like redish brown. If you do the highlites its less maintenace as the highlighted parts of your hair are going to lose color much faster. You will avoid the harshness of new root growth and the funky "line of demarkation" and keep the multi- tone of natural hair. Gradually fade your hair back to a darker color. Avoid dyes that say "ash", again they tend to have green or purple base colors. You may want to put a strawberry red dye first then a week or so later go with the brown. Hope this helps....

No comments:

Post a Comment