Monday, July 27, 2009

What has happened to my hair - stylist put a toner in my blond highlights to fix it and now it'

I went in with brassy light brown hair and wanted to fix it... the hair stylist put in blond highlights and said if the color didn't come out right, (still brassy), he could put a toner in it. So he did and now it's daaaaark brown with NO highlights!



He said it should wash out in 2-3 washes... today was my first wash and NO change.



Did I just spend over $100 on a dye-job?!



What has happened to my hair - stylist put a toner in my blond highlights to fix it and now it's dark brown?

Hmm.. unless your stylist was really using semi or demi permanent haircolor and only just referring to it as "toner," it is not supposed to wash out. Toners are permanent hair dyes designed to "tone down" hair that has been bleached in some way. Even though they're permanent, they still can fade but it will just take longer.



If you wanna speed up the washing out or fading process, use a clarifying or volumizing shampoo because they are known to strip hair color.



Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment